Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Last Day of Summer...

It's hard to say goodbye to something that hasn't even arrived...

That's exactly the case with summer in London this year.  It's no secret that i've been struggling with the lack of sunshine, but now that it's officially the last day of "the worst summer since the 90's" (at a balmy 18 degrees might I add), I need to somehow come to terms with the fact that there's no hope in holding out for one last blast of sunshine.

Instead, I need to somehow focus on dealing with the next 6+ months - the creeping in of colder air, the lack of daylight, the grey skies, the 5 layers of clothing just to go to the shop to buy a pint of milk, the brown trees having lost their green leaves... etc etc...  Right now that seems almost impossible, adding to the fact that we're not looking to return to Australia until 2013, meaning I still have TWO long winters to get through.

I would like to say right now that I can find some positives in the thought, but to be brutally honest, I have nothing...  if anyone can find a silver lining to this picture i'd love to hear about it!

the view from our bedroom on a January morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment